The Process Explained
Learn everything you need to know about comparing policies here. We'll explain what home insurance is and how you can apply for it.
Learn More About This Type of Coverage
Also called homeowners insurance, it shelters you against losses to your home and the personal belongings contained within it. Many of these policies also include liability protection, which means your assets are sheltered from damage or personal injury lawsuits. Getting a quote is the first step toward protecting your home and your possessions from events like theft, burglary, fire, and vandalism. When you apply for a price estimate, you will see policies that will typically include the following coverages:
- Structure of your home. You should look at options that include enough coverage to rebuild your home if it is damaged or destroyed by a disaster. Most policies also cover structures that are not attached to your home, such as garages or sheds.
- Your possessions. Make sure you get estimates on policies that include enough protection to replace the personal belongings you keep in your home. A home inventory is the best way to determine the value of your possessions.
- Liability. This is an important part of your home insurance quote. Liability coverage shelters you from property damage or bodily injury lawsuits. This coverage will pay for your legal defense as well as any monetary judgments against you, up to your policy limit.
- Additional expenses. Most policies include elements to reimburse you for the expenses you would incur if you were ever forced out of your home during repairs of damages caused by a covered disaster. For instance, your policy would pay for your hotel accommodations, food expenses, etc. Learn why you need home insurance on the following page.
Get Started Today
You can apply for price estimates in just a few simple steps on our site:
- Complete our free, online application. Our application is very brief and should only take you two or three minutes to complete.
- Get up to five free price estimates. Once you submit your application, we will instantly provide you with up to five free policy estimates.
- Compare the information. We will present the prospective policies to you in our user-friendly, side-by-side format to make your comparison shopping as easy as possible.
- Apply for the policy of your choice or save your rates for later. If you see a policy that fits your needs, you can then apply for that plan. You can also save the details to review later.